Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Alphabet Lotto

I recently ordered the "Alphabet Lotto" game for my preschoolers in hopes it would help those still learning letter recognition.

I gathered the children and told them about the fun game we were about to play.

They were excited to see the sturdy, colorful bingo-like cards and raring to get started.

I explained that I would be calling out a letter and it was there job to tell me if they had the letter and where it was on their card.

The first round went great, but I decided I wanted to add a task to those who already knew their alphabet.

The next round involved naming one thing that began with the letter I just called. It took a few tries, but soon kids were catching on and calling out, "B is for Boy" or "M is for Melissa".

If you don't want to buy the game itself, it would be easy to make with some card stock, laminate covering and size appropriate, homemade, alphabet flashcards!

What a fun way to learn the alphabet!

No comments: