Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Number Leap

Today I decided to try a new number game with the children.

I call it Number Leap and the rules are simple.


I call out a number and the children leap over it.
















To start, I numbered 10 pieces of colored construction paper and laid them out in order.





I then walked through all the numbers, pointing out each color and corresponding number.






As the children lined up, I called out, "Max, jump over number 7." If Max didn't know what the number 7 looked like, I gave hints, such as,




"Number 7 is on white paper."



For the children who knew their numbers I had them start with the number 10 and count backwards.





Be prepared for children to miss the jump and slip. For us this ended up being the "fun" part of the game.




When nap time was over, the children were ready to play again and again!


What a fun way for them to burn some energy and learn at the same time!

No comments: