Thursday, April 24, 2008

Book of Colors!

I'm always looking for inventive ways to teach, so today I decided to make color books for the kids!
The kids love books so I knew this would be a hit!
Today's color was red.
To begin I pulled out an old Valentine's Day catalog with plenty of red items and cut a piece of red contruction paper in half.

I gave each child a pair of scissors and asked them to cut out all the red items.
Note: Before giving the children scissors, I restated the rules that goes along with being "big" enough to use them.

The kids loved being able to cut out the pictures they were going to use in their very own book!

Once the kids cut out all the images they could fit on a sheet, we began to glue.

Once we were finished, I bound their book.
Once the books were complete, we continued our red "game" during clean up time. I asked the kids to find all the red toys and assigned a special spot for them. Not only did the play area get cleaned up in record time, the kids loved finding and showing me all the red toys they had found!
Each of them were eager to get started on tomorrow's color!

No comments: