Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Must Have Recyclables!

With time I've learned how to recycle some of the most ordinary household products into great arts and craft projects. Some you've already seen here.

I thought I'd go ahead and make a list of things you too can save and reuse.

First, I reused a shipping box as my recycle container. When it's full, I know it's time to do more projects using the products inside.


-> Save your empty toilet paper rolls! There are a bunch of projects you can make using old toilet paper rolls!

-> I save egg cartons for math games.

-> I also save all of my creamer bottles. In January we used them to create the most adorable snowmen.

-> Coffee cans can be used for the paint flower (or similar) project I blogged about a few weeks back. You can also decorate the outside of a coffee can to create a piggy bank or other keepsake.

-> Yogurt and fruit cup containers! These are perfect for painting projects!

If you're not using them for paint, use them for math games. Remember the jelly bean counting game I blogged about?

-> I save my lunch meat containers for the kids to use in their shopping cart.

Broken crayons can be saved, melted and made into more crayons. I'll blog about this soon!

-> Old bags of peanuts are a perfect way to attract squirrels to your property.

-> Old bags of dried beans and rice are perfect for noise maker crafts.

With just a little looking and cleaning out of your cabinets you'll find many uses for the items you thought you didn't need anymore!

No comments: