Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pussy Willows!

A sure sign of spring is the blossom of pussy willows.

Today's art project and story was all about pussy willows.

I first looked up an easy to follow story I could read to the children along with some facts about the tree.

After answering questions about the story, I asked questions such as,
"What woke the pussy willow up?"

To begin our art project we gathered a variety of twigs from the front yard. After washing and allowing them to dry, I hot glued them to blue construction paper.





Once that was complete, I cut the ends off Q-tips and handed the children glue sticks.

We studied the original pussy willow image I printed and discussed where are blossoms would go.














This project is fun for all ages!

Our finished pussy willow "trees".

No comments: